Sunday, November 26, 2006

Australian Dance Awards and other things

So another Australian Dance awards and I have too admit I was thinking to myself as it started that I have probably seen one too many.

The event seems to go on and on, being crammed with so many dance performances and films, awards etc. I reckon that I could have happily lived without about 60% of the performances.

It was also interesting to see a professional dance company mixed with a dance school. One artistic director I worked with, always flatly refused to work with non-professionals and after seeing this offering I can understand why. The non-professionals definitely brought the quality level down to something that would have been a poor offering in a schools spectacular. Not very inspiring.

Joanne
www.ceressolutions.com.au

No comments: