Monday, October 01, 2007

Electrofringe, Newcastle and Lucian

Well an interesting weekend spent finding more about sound/art electronica at Electrofringe (largest sound/art festival in Australia) and getting to visit all those burnt out wrecks of buildings in downtown Newcastle.

I am immersing myself in the "foundling" musics that I am running a project for, called Sound Travellers, to organise some touring along with Performing Lines, courtesy of a grant from the Australia Council. So good to see for myself what is happening. Was very struck by the lack of females performing, though there were a healthy number at the talks.

Amazingly in all my other trips to Newcastle, I had never seen so many down and out buildings. Had only noticed the new building work going on.

Also managed to catch the Lucian Freud exhibition on men. Having seen lots of his female nudes this was a different take on the style.


Joanne Kee
www.ceressolutions.com.au
www.placesandspaces.com.au

No comments: