Sunday, September 13, 2009

Big Sound


A good week at Big Sound, a week of speeches, watching bands, catching up with people.

I have to say I found it an Oasis of calm to go into the shopfront at the Judith Wright to see one of the nights put on by Lawrence English. A lot of the other music during the week seemed to feature heavy, loud bass lines.

Also saw Megan Washington's rock band, Washington at the Globe Theatre. It was interesting to see the change in style from jazz diva to rock chic. For me the music wasn't as interesting, but hey, I guess there is more money in rock and roll.

Also managed to catch Bertie Blackman's band at the Alhambra. I reckon that was the cream of the venues to perform at. Bertie has great charisma, can imagine the band will do really well.

Joanne
www.placesandspaces.com.au

For Brisbane travel tips visit my blog whatever

No comments: