Thursday, November 05, 2009

Wangaratta Festival of Jazz

Managed to miss blogging about Wangaratta, which was because the three network doesn't work in either Oxley (understandable) or Wangaratta (really poor show there)

On the plus side, of course there was great music, new venue is nice and air conditioned. Volunteers were very helpful and thanks so much for their help with the Jazz Australia subscriber drive. Its fun to wander around and bump into people.

My highlight was Andrew Robson's Tallis music in the church. Sublime. Also really enjoyed watching Linda Oh playing with Charles Tolliver.

The heat was oppressive, there was no free water I could find and there were queues and over the top security who threatened to have me evicted from the new performing arts centre (overkill I think)

Not to mention the more I think about it the police were also rather vigilant as well. though thanks to them I did win some money on the Melbourne Cup - with Crimescenes and Shocking!

Image is of the Vampires, a great young Sydney band.

Joanne Kee
www.ceressolutions.com.au

No comments: