Thursday, July 13, 2006

Pick of the Week

So it was a busy week with children's activites and here is the review.

Velveteen Rabbit - I could have easily gone to sleep during this one, there was nothing that really drew me in or grabbed my attention. However my daughter liked it, mainly because of the cute furry puppets.

Disney on Ice - as expected, a Disney extravaganza, all singing, skating, dancing, fireworks and magic castle. Entertaining and I guess you could include the merchandise as another drawcard for the kids. Though a nightmare of merchandising gone wild, does anyone else think that $15 for fairy floss with mouse ears is expensive or $22 for a program with a fake rose?

Angela and Penny show - quite fun, kind of like grumpy old women do a kid's show. Extremely interactive, with lots of movement for the kids. Though I think we adults appreciated the humour more.

Mimi indigenous child's tour of Art Gallery of New South Wales - I defintely enjoyed this more than she did. Though it did raise the question of what is a "bikkie bin", for those non-Australians the answer is biscuit tin.


www.ceressolutions.com.au

No comments: